Tuesday 8 November 2011

Timewarp Tuesday - The innaugral edition

Something got me thinking the other day about a particular ad that used to be on TV when I was a kid. With the wonder of You Tube, I was able to go look it up and relive the nostalgia.

It got me thinking more widely of things that I used to enjoy as a kid, which then led to a brilliant idea: "Why don't I blog about this stuff and make a regular blog segment about it?" Why not, indeed. Of course, I happened to have this idea at 6:30am, right as I had to start getting ready for work so it had to wait until the end of the day.

Without any further ado, welcome to the innaugral edition of Timewarp Tuesday, the corner of the blogoverse that dives into the nostalgia of my childhood, of times long past, of long forgotten fragments of life 'back in the day'.

Here is the ad that spawned the creation of Timewarp Tuesday:



I really loved this ad as a kid. Let's face it, we all used to dream of having a remote control car for this express purpose after seeing the ad. I remember begging my parents for a remote control car after seeing this ad. I never got one. Probably because (a) I'm a girl and even though I was a tomboy, I think Mum always held out hope that I'd be more girly. She certainly never pandered to my more boyish tendancies any more than she had to; and (b) because they probably (correctly) suspected that I would try to pull this stunt off. Our nearest Macca's store was a 10 minute drive away. I don't think it was going to work.

Anyway, that's Timewarp Tuesday for this week. I have some more gems for future editions, but if anyone has any suggestions or wants to guest post for Timewarp Tuesday, send me an e-mail.

No comments: