Monday 28 February 2011

A poem

Thunder Maker wrote me a really sweet poem last week. I asked him if he minded me posting it on my blog for those of you who read it to have a look at and he said he didn't mind, so without further ado, here it is.

A number of years ago, you bought me a card
Which we both thought was rather cool. It said,
'Whenever I think of you - Stuff tingles".
We both thought that was great fun. Now when I look at you,
I love the smile which lights up your whole face when
You cuddle our son as you lie in bed or on the couch.
I love the sweet, faraway, 'lost in the moment' look in your eyes
As you caress his hair.
I love the tenderness in your beautiful face as you
Kiss his brow gently and hold him to you.
I love the deep contentment which
Radiates from you as you read him a story.
Or kneel down to play with him and his favourite toy.
A deep warmth oozes right through my tummy
And makes my heart skip a beat,
And takes my breath away.

I love to look at you. And yes,
whenever I think of you,
Stuff still tingles!

1 comment:

Lifeasmummymax said...

Aww thats so sweet :)